Prof. Dr Pawar Suvarna Eknath is currently working as the R&D Research Head at the well-recognized VIIT University, Pune. Dr Suvarna has been a proficient teacher and dedicatedly committed to the growth of educational institutions and to creating a creative and challenging environment for the complete learning of the students. She has also headed the Department of Information Technology Engineering at the reputed Trinity College of Engineering and Research, Pune.
Her contribution and immense research work on Disaster Monitoring have been truly remarkable. She carried out the research using sensor networks under BCUD and SPPU. Disaster Monitoring projects usually go unnoticed by many. Dr Suvarna’s efforts to bring the Disaster Management and Monitoring programs into the limelight is a one-of-its-kind initiative.
With a commendable experience in the education industry, Dr Suvarna has been certified internal ISO auditor by Bureau Veritas, London and has been a teacher representative for the Governing Council. Besides, she has also held the position of HOD in NBA and NAAC committees with utter diligence. And, has a PG recognition in the Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology (MEIT), which is sure to inspire thousands of young brains.
Dr Suvarna has been awarded numerous accolades for her unparalleled contribution to research projects on crucial topics. Some of her awards include the National Award for outstanding research work done in engineering (ISTE, Bhuwaneshwar), Lady Engineer Award (Institution of Engineers, India), Dr Homi Bhabha Research Award (Institute level, TCOER Pune), Dr.A.P.J. Abdul Kalam Research Award (Institute level, TCOER Pune), among others.
While talking about her publications and paper presentations, Dr Suvarna has 15+ International journals published and has also served as an International Reviewer for reputed journals by SCI, Scopus, Elsevier and Thomson Reuters Journals and Wiley. She has also published a book titled ‘Use of data mining approach for managing Childhood Asthma’.
List of Some publications under the Healthcare domain in reputed journals:
1. Nilesh Uke, Pravin Futane, Shailaja Uke, Suvarna Pawar, "The Moving Object Detection and Tracking in Video – A Review" Design Engineering (SCI).
2. “Kisan-e-mitra: A tool for soil quality analyzer and Recommender System” Accepted for Book Chapter under DeGrupter Germany accepted for publication in’ Internet of Things and Machine Learning in Agriculture.
3. “Survey and Analysis of Sign Language recognition under domain work” Submitted to Behaviour and Information Journal under Taylor and Francis by Dr Suvarna Pawar and Dr Pravin Futane.
4. Suvarna Pawar, Dr H.R. Deshmukh, “A Secure IoT-Based Modern Healthcare System Using Body Sensor Network: An Overview ” Journal of Advanced Research in dynamical and control systems, Scopus, Aug 2018.
5. Suvarna Pawar, Dr H.R. Deshmukh, “Monitoring of smart systems using internet of things in healthcare”, Scopus International J. of public health research and development, 2018
6. Suvarna Pawar, Dr H.R. Deshmukh, “A survey on e-Health care monitoring for Heart care using IOT” IEEE International Conference on Inventive Research in Computing Applications (ICIRCA) on 11-12 July, Coimbatore 2018.
R&D Research Head, VIIT University, Pune, Maharashtra
What you'll Learn
Machine Learning Database Manggement System Advanced Database Management Geographical Information System System Software Human Computer Interaction Computer Organization Software Engineering
Professor and Head CSE
D Y Patil University
Navi Mumbai, Maharashtra
Associate Professor & Research Head
Vishwakarma Institute of Information Technology
AP & HOD
Trinity College Of Engineering and Research
AP & HOD
Amrutvahini College of Engg
Spandan Samaj Sevi Santha
Alankar Tools Pvt. Ltd.
Use of data mining approach for managing Childhood Asthma
The Moving Object Detection and Tracking in Video – A Review
Kisan-e-mitra : A tool for soil quality analyzer and Recommender System
Surver and Analysis of Sign Language recognition under domain work
A Secure IoT-Based Modern Healthcare System Using Body Sensor Network : An Overview
Monitoring of smart systems using internet ofthings in healthcare
Study of diagnosis of diabetes mellitus under healthcare
Diagnosis of diabetes using Fuzzy inference System