Assistant Professor 2, 1 & Selection Grade
ASSISTANT PROFESSOR (II, I & SG)
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE
- AP-II (First class masters degree in the respective engineering discipline from a recognized institute as per AICTE)
- AP-I (First class masters degree in the respective engineering discipline from a recognized institute as per AICTE with 5 years of teaching experience as AP-II)
- AP-SG (First class masters degree in the respective engineering discipline from a recognized institute as per AICTE with 10 years of teaching experience of which 5 years must be as AP-I and a minimum of 2 publications SCI/SCOPUS indexed. All such publications must be after joining as AP-I.)
(For Ph.D. holders- 8 years of teaching experience of which minimum 3 years as AP-I and with minimum 2 SCI/SCOPUS publication. All research publications must be after joining the post of AP-I) &
- Attend Trainings/workshops/FDPs/online courses as specified by AICTE from time to time.
JOB ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- To develop the quality assurance framework within the Institute’s overall framework, including the validation and revalidation of courses, and student admission and assessment.
- The workload should not be less than 40 hours a week, of which teaching-contact hours should be at least as follows as per AICTE norms:
- Director - 4 hours/week
- Professor - 8 hours/week
- Associate Professor - 12 hours/week
- Assistant Professor - 16 hours/week
- For the above stipulations, two tutorial hours/two laboratory/Drawing hours will be counted as one teaching hour. The work plan of teachers shall ensure, in the most productive manner, the utilization of stipulated 40 working hours per week, about the roles, jobs and targets assigned to them by the Department/ Institution.
- Faculty Members are expected to update their knowledge by attending seminars/workshops/conference, after obtaining necessary permission from the Director/Management.
- To encourage the development of innovative approaches to course design and delivery and ensure that teaching design and delivery comply with the quality and educational standards and regulations of the department.
- To ensure that the teaching content and methods of delivery are in accordance with equal opportunities and respond to issues relating to staff and student needs.
- Engaging classes regularly and punctually and impart such lessons and instruction, do such internal assessment/examination evaluation as the Head of the Department shall allot to him/her from time to time and shall not ordinarily remain absent from work without prior permission or grant of leave.
- Design new experiments, if any, prepares lab workbooks, ensures the availability of him/herself in the lab during laboratory periods for explanation, if needed, ensures availability of equipment needed for the lab in proper functioning, evaluates lab workbooks and provides feedback to student on timely basis, recommends for procurement of equipment’s, if any for the smooth conduct of all experiments, keeps the lab clean and tidy.
- Regular development of course handout material. Development of audiovisual/multimedia materials for the topics to be presented
- Completing syllabus within the stipulated time with quality education. Utilizes classroom assessment techniques.
- Develops and evaluates examination questions in consultation with the course coordinator. Also assures in consultation with the course coordinator that course content allows students to meet outcomes associated with that course.
- Be available for student consultation on a regular basis, informing students of their availability for student consultations (both with and without appointments and makes sincere attempt to solve their difficulties (academic and personal counselling)
- Informs Course Coordinator within a reasonable time about students' progress and how effectively students are learning. Keeps a secure record of each student's results, both electronically and in hard copy.
- Provides data relating to results in assessment tasks/exam events and attendance, if required, to the Course Coordinator.
- Attends meetings of the course instructors and course coordinator to discuss issues affecting learning and other classroom issues. Attends meetings with the course coordinator and the class representatives for the course to obtain genuine and timely feedback.
- Assisting the concerned HOD to enforce and maintain discipline amongst the students.
- Attends to the trainings/FDP’s or any such similar courses for their career advancement as defined by AICTE.
- The Faculty Member going for laboratory class must perform the experiments personally and be satisfied with the results before asking the students to conduct the experiments.
- Whenever possible, additional experiments to clarify or enlighten the students must be given.
- To attest the readings of the experiment. To let the students, know the percentage of error he/she commits for every experiment.
- To sign the manual /rough record before the end of each practical class.
- Faculty conducting practical’s / projects shall be responsible for the respective labs during their practical hours.
- Faculty shall follow the guidelines/instructions as prepared by the Lab in- charge. However, faculty can suggest changes in these matters with the consent of the HOD.
- To prevent theft, faculty members are advised to take the following action.
- Before starting the practical’s/projects, students shall be asked to check the PCs/equipment’s etc. and report in case of any missing items/irregularity to the lab In-Charge.
- As far as possible, allot the same PC to the same individual/same group of students (in case of projects).
- Students shall not be permitted to carry bags into the labs.
- To perform any other roles and duties assigned by the HOD/HOI from time to time.
RESEARCH / PUBLICATIONS
- Actively publish research publications in areas of interest in recognized portals as per AICTE norms.
- Faculty Members should attempt to publish books, research papers in reputed International / Indian Journals / Conferences as approved by AICTE.
- Organizes need based workshop/ seminars / symposia / visits/ excursions etc. by coordinating with the concerned HOD. Invites guest speakers for interaction and guidance with UG/PG students.
- Preparation and Submission of Project Proposals to obtain External Financial Assistance.
- Any other duties and roles as directed by the Head of the Department from time to time.
- Should report to the Institute at least 15 minutes before the commencement of classes and should leave the college not earlier than 15 minutes after the end of the last working hour.
- All the Faculty Members are expected to follow the rules and regulations of the Institution as prevalent from time to time
- Groupism of any kind should be absolutely avoided. Faculty Members found indulging in such activities will be subject to disciplinary proceedings as per the rules and regulations.
Role: Assistant Professor/ Lecturer
Industry Type: Education/ Training
Functional Area: Teaching & Training
Employment Type: Full Time, Permanent
Role Category: University Level Educator
UG: B.Tech/B.E. in Any Specialization
PG: M.Tech in Computers
Doctorate: Ph.D/Doctorate in Computers